Sunday, March 10, 2013

21-Day Sugar Detox - Day 6

Saturday Day 6!

I had to get up earlier then I wanted this morning.  I had to get blood work done and I had to fast!  Not the most fun and I always dread it, cause I sit there with my stomach grumbling the whole time!  I was told a head of time that it's really busy there on a Saturday morning, an they weren't kidding!  I got there 15 minutes before they opened and there was already a line!  It took less than an hour, so I really can't complain too much!

I got home to this staring at me while I made breakfast!  This is what I stare at anytime I am in the kitchen!!  Of course, there is tons of complaining that I am not stuffing his face as I go!



FEED ME!!  Can't you see I am starving (even though I just ate!)


Here is breakfast - before and after I placed the eggs, just so you could see all the wonderful vegetables!


After breakfast I did a little cleaning around the house -still need to bath the pups!  Then it was time for my at home Saturday HIIT workout!

I did 3 rounds:

10 burpee's
20 push ups
30 mountain climbers
40 sit ups
50 squats
40 sit ups
30 mountain climbers
20 push ups
10 burpee's

Repeat

That was followed by jump lunges, balances on bosu with overhead presses and bicep curls and heavy pile squats.

Then I was starving for lunch!  There is grass fed beef at the bottom of the bowl!


and topped with Brewer's Yeast from Lewis Labs just that extra boost to help with my skin issues.


The rest of the afternoon was spent cooking some veggies and getting some meal prep done for next week.  D got home from his ride and we headed to dinner with the family at Buddy's pizza in Rochester.  The pizza did look amazing, but too many things on it that just don't agree with me!  So, I got their Mediterranean Salad minus the dressing, feta and garbanzo beans and topped with grilled chicken.  Tasty for sure!  Again, no pictures of dinner out since I would be looked at like I have a squid on top of my head!

Needless to say when we got home I was still a little hungry - no carbs! So I made myself a small baked sweet potato, followed by dessert!

I turned in a little early to get some needed sleep, to prep for my long run on Sunday - shooting for 13 to 14 miles.

How was I feeling on this 6th day of the detox?  Hard to say since I gave blood and seemed really off for 3/4's of the day, but no headache, just blood sugar regulation, which seemed to take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment