Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bad Week!


:(  Thursday pretty much all day, I wasn't feeling well.  I could have cared less for anything that was going on!  I should have known this sign that I was quickly going downhill!  Whether it was doing too much or eating something I shouldn't - possibly a combination of both?!  I got home and tried a new "pancake" recipe with coconut flour (didn't work).  I noticed an odd reaction - a burning sensation in my throat with each bite.  No, I didn't finish them - I did eat the almond butter on top though along with some chicken sausages and rotisserie chicken.  I felt completely nauseous the rest of the night and into Friday - along with complete head fog and lethargy.  

I should automatically know that when my mood shifts that the next day is going to be the worse.  In this case it was.  Exhaustion kicked in the next day and could barely do a thing.  I thought going to get a massage would help and it really just did the opposite.  I got a complete headache and sinus pressure from my face in the head cushion.  Not the greatest massage I have had.  Mental note not to get ther "newer" person again.

Saturday I ran 6 miles at the gym, followed by Sunday's 10 mile run.  Sunday's run was much worse than Saturday's.  I wanted to go longer, but my body just wasn't responding.  Monday and Tuesday..... repeat repeat and repeat some more.  Work was not going very well at all either day.

Today is Wednesday - almost a full week later.  I took the morning off from the gym and slept till almost 6am!  Shocker!!  Never happens during the week.  Today though I feel "normal" again!!  YES!

What have I learned from this. Well, I did post before that I cannot have eggs and at minimum egg whites.  Debating on trying egg yolks tomorrow, we shall see.  I was also heavily into sauerkraut a week prior to this.  After finding a great support group on Facebook I think this was the big trigger into this recent episode!  Medication for Hashimoto's is a possibility but I still am not sure I want to go down that road yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment