Sunday, June 9, 2013

Random Things - This weeks recap!

This week was a much better week I have to say!  I started prepping for my personal training certificate.  Going rather well already.  Most of the information is a repeat of what I learned in school when I was thinking of going into nursing.

Here is a typical morning scene - Stryker and Penny playing - Though we call it Fight Club!


I think Penny was really yawning, but who knows!


Stryker Begging for my breakfast or lunch or dinner.... he is always begging when I am in the kitchen!


All my meals look the same - except for the meat, this was breakfast - sausage is the giveaway!


Saturday morning I went to Northville to Run the Kona Aloha 10k.  I got 3rd in my age group and 68 overall - out of 1491.  Not bad!

I should take pictures of what I wear when I race!  Saturday morning I think the temp was around 58.  I should have wore a short sleeve, but opted for a Nike long sleeve purple shirt and my Nike running capris.  Naturally I was wearing my New Balance 890's - the limited edition Komen pink!  I was hoping for warmer weather I had this orange and pink top/short combo that was screaming ALOHA! LOL!  Next race is Island Lake Tri in August - the olympic!  I really need to get into the pool more!  After that maybe Lansing's half marathon.  I would love to go to Disney and do The Twilight of Terror 10k in October - will have to see about that since Detroit is shortly after that.

Then we headed to D's race at Addison Oaks.  He took 6th in his age group. Yeah!


This week will have more training and ramping up my Sunday long runs.  Tomorrow morning is spinning at 5am!  Today I did 11 miles, next week D has a Sunday race so will have to do my long run on Saturday after I teach my new class at 9am.




No comments:

Post a Comment