Saturday, August 31, 2013

Beyond Bacon - Savory Bacon Jam

Savory Bacon Jam.... Do I need to say more?!

This is the first of many recipes that I will be joyfully making out of this beautiful book.  Years ago if you had told me I would have a love for bacon so much that I would purchase a cook book dedicated to it.  Well, I would have told you that was crazy!  Head over to Paleo Parents and check their other paleo recipes out!

I am not giving up the recipe, you will have to go by the book by heading here.  Believe me, it is well worth it!  If not for this recipe, maybe the brownie recipe..... oh so tempting!  I am sure every recipe is just as awesome as this one is!

Here is what the few ingredients look like.

Bacon, cooked and chopped

Onions cooking away

Liquid ingredients and onions incorporated

Bacon added and cooking down about 15 minutes in

After an hour or so

Jam loaded and cooling

Delish!

Now I have to admit, I sampled at every stage of this 2 hour process and it was so easy!  So absolutely yummy and so filling!  I had dinner during this time too which included more bacon!  It was Brinner after all.... One night a week is pancake night.  I have posted my paleo AIP friendly version here before and D has the normal buttermilk pancakes.

Please go check out Paleo Parents Blog, they review so many awesome paleo friendly companies and create such wonderful recipes!  I cannot say enough good things about them.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment