Saturday, August 17, 2013

What to eat when trying to be AIP and there is little in the frig!

This morning I got home from the gym and realized that my frig is virtually empty!


The freezer has some frozen veggies and the frig.... need I say more.  Those pancakes are not mine, or that soda on the top.  I grabbed the single container of cooked squash and some frozen veggies (always good in a pinch) and began to assemble breakfast and my lunch for the day.  Trader Joe's has great plain frozen vegetable mixes.  Sometimes they have seasoning packets, but I just toss them out.  Too risky with AIP.  Also, canned salmon, a whole avocado to split between both meals, blueberries.  I love cookies blueberries, they make a great sauce for breakfast with sausages.

The beginning of assembly of lunch.  I always put my protein on the bottom and vegetables of top.  For my lunch I added the canned salmon and then piled the vegetables.  I eat more than D for sure, but I don't think anyone believes me!

Lots of green vegetables cooking up.  I use Trader Joe's Coconut Oil.


The finished product for breakfast.  That is a whole plate full, 1/2 avocado, chicken sausage (2 1/2 links), vegetables galore, plantain flat bread from Purely Twins site.  A must to check out, so many great recipes!


What do you do when you are faced with an empty refrigerator any can't get to the grocery yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment