Friday, November 29, 2013

Runner, AIP Paleo (trying!), wanna be blogger (or more consistently!)

I wanna be a blogger.... I have the blog, I just don't write.  Really I want to be a lot of things and I can only do so much at this time.  Mostly I try to do WAY too much and things begin to suffer (like blogging!)  I am sure I can do this on a more consistent basis, others can why can't I?!



So, I should recap from where I left off at the beginning of October.  First, I switched jobs, yeah me!  Less stress a definite bonus!  I ran the Detroit Marathon.  I could of had a new PR but decided to take two bathroom breaks, it cost me an extra 3 minutes.  I am fine with that.  I am coaching as well, which I love.  OH!!  How could I forget, a week after Detroit I ran the Kona Wicked Halloween 10k and PR'd!  Couldn't believe it.... but I just ran that same course again for the Kona Chocolate 10k and was 30 seconds slower... so I was tired!  The chocolate chip marshmallow in the hot chocolate (courtesy of Panera Bread!) was worth it!  Well only had a couple sips, it bothered my stomach.  It's all ok though!




Ok -what else from there?  Boston is on the books and maybe the Nike Women's Half Marathon a week after that (crazy - I know).  I also just signed up for Muncie Half Ironman in July.  After that I may calm it down a bit.  I may just focus on half marathons for a while.  I am coaching the Commitment Day Run at Life Time - what a great group!!  I look forward to training with them 3 days a week!

Runner portion is out of the way!

On to Paleo AIP!

I have still not gone full blown AIP - since May for a month.  I did have that good solid month and my face cleared up finally.... then it went down hill and I completely immersed myself in nut butters until this week.  My chin has gotten so bad that I cannot stand it anymore.  D says my skin has always been bad and that my "diet" is not helping it and if I just went back to eating grains... I am sure he is joking. 

What do I consume that I shouldn't be, at least for a while?

Nut Butters - think I am better with peanut butters (not paleo...) than almond butter
Chocolate
Coffee  - thought I think I am okay with this one
Spices - I am not so strict about this one and should be
Soy - it sneaks in every now and then
Dairy - by means of butter when we eat out
Gluten - when we eat out or a don't check a label carefully enough

I am currently re-evaluating all my protocols right down to supplements and I think that since I have taken on some Whey Protein it is what has caused my most recent really bad acne breakouts.  ARG!!  I am anxiously awaiting The Paleo Mom's new book - The Autoimmune Approach coming out end of December!!


Yesterday was Thanksgiving and I think the most thing I ate was Turkey!  Like 5 pounds of Turkey!!  I feel like a stuffed turkey today.  I was actually surprised I was even hungry today!


But, it was a really great day with family.  I got to my dad's house early to help him and of course harass each other like we normally do, too fun!  Really, how can this picture not scream fun?!





No comments:

Post a Comment