Sunday, December 8, 2013

A new journey and pancakes

This past week wasn't the best week I have had, which I figured maybe over two months since I have felt like this.  Too many eggs and exposures to gluten finally caught up with me from the Thanksgiving holiday.  It started on Monday with pretty bad fatigue and Tuesday of just purely not feeling well at all and only working for 2 hours before heading home to get some extra sleep.  I was almost late for training and had to give a seminar.  In my opinion it didn't go well since my brain fog was horrendous and I was stumbling over my words (Darn Hashi's!)!  Wednesday was much better and got a lot accomplished, Thursday a nagging headache, and Friday was my day home (always bliss!).

Of course my Thursday's headache did not stop me from making Nom Nom Paleo's Coconut and Cinnamon Pancakes!  It is pancake night after all and I was looking forward to making this one.

Here are the ingredients:

  • 2 egg replacers (I make my own "powdered mix" replacer) Here is the link from Whole New Mom
  • 3 tablespoons milk of choice - I used canned coconut milk already opened
  • ½ mashed ripe banana
  • ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1½ tablespoons of Coconut Flour
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 small pinch of salt
Mash the banana first and then mix the remainder of the ingredients in and cook on your oiled griddle.  It really doesn't get any easier than that!  If you have made pancakes before you can make these.  I would suggest though low heat and cook longer.  Coconut flour can be crazy to work with and your batter is thicker than normal pancake batter (well depending on how thick or thin you like it).

Here is what mine looked like and believe me these are awesome (With bacon and Coconut Oil drizzled)!  I have made many version of pancakes lately and beside a protein powder pancake these are the best!  Nom Nom said her recipe made 12 3", but mine made 4 of which I happily ate all of them as I typically do.


On to my new journey… I plan on starting a different job very soon.  I am doing this to hopefully save up enough money by May to start an online a holistic nutritionist certificate!  I am very excited since this is what I love.  I want to help those like how others have helped me.  I should have started this path a long time ago, but things must unfold the way they do for a reason.

We shall see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment