Thursday, December 5, 2013

N'Oats in a jar

I should have been more prepared to post this earlier, but things get away from me like my mind!  I have been working from an outside office 4 days per week with no way to heat up meals.  So I thought about meals in a jar, but the thought of a salad was not where I wanted to go.  I did some digging on Pinterest and I came across Paleo OIAJ (Oats in a Jar) (Original recipe) from Carla Mary's Paleo Blog.  She is right, this is a perfect go to meal for anytime.  Hers looks much prettier than what mine do!  Please make sure you stop by and see her site.

I did some minor changes with what was available in my house and this can be made Autoimmune friendly very easily!  The original recipe makes 8, but I scaled it back since I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out.  Wish I made more than 2 now!!  I could seriously eat another right now!!

This makes 8 - adjust accordingly!  Layer anyway you choose!  I cut the cake in half and put the bottom layer on the bottom of the jar of course and the top, where else but on top!
 
Figs 1 cup ground up
Coconut Milk 1 cup whipped (Full Fat/Unsweetened solidified Cream whipped with Honey/Maple Syrup & Vanilla 1/2 teaspoon each)
3 cups Mixed Berries - I used frozen since I made these the night before
Paleo Protein Vanilla Custard Cupcake (Cupcake recipe below)
Almond or Peanut Butter 3/4 cup
 
Almonds 1 cup sliced
Raisins 1/2 cup
 

Layer each step in clean jar.  Place lid on top an store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.  

Paleo Protein Vanilla Custard Cupcake
Ingredients:
Coconut Flour 1 cup
Coconut Milk 1 cup
Eggs Replacer - 2 or can use 2 eggs - I have my own homemade version
Maple Syrup/Honey 1/2 cup
Protein Powder 1/4 cup Vanilla - I use Life Time Vanilla Pea Protein Isolate
Baking Soda 1 teaspoon 
Vanilla 1 teaspoon  
Cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon10 minutes to allow Coconut Flour to expand.   (Mine was super thick!!) Then remix and scoop into 8 lined cupcake tins 3/4 full.  Bake at 325 degrees for 17-20 minutes cover with foil if becomes too brown.  Allow to cool and then begin to assemble!

Mix all ingredients in medium bowl and let sit for about
This process took and whole 30minutes to do, so not much time at all.  After you get the cupcakes in the oven and get the remainder of your ingredients together the cupcakes are coming out!
 
Tonight I am going to try Nom Nom's Pancake Recipe.  I will post that up tomorrow!
 
What do you do for lunch when you don't have the option of going out to eat or the ability to heat your food up?

No comments:

Post a Comment